Warning: include_once(/home/cure/public_html/gout/images/button_drop.bak) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cure/public_html/blog/wp-settings.php on line 176

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/cure/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/../../../gout/images/button_drop.bak' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cure/public_html/blog/wp-settings.php on line 176
Create Your Own Gout Food Plan and Take Control Today | Cure Gout Now

Create Your Own Gout Food Plan and Take Control Today

A gout food plan is an important part of controlling your gout symptoms and attacks.  After all, when not controlled, gout can cause severe and permanent damage to your tissues, joints, and tendons.

As gout is caused by high levels of uric acid in the blood, a proper gout diet plan should aim to reduce uric acid levels and encourage proper elimination of uric acid from the body.

There are five main points that you need to remember in order to maintain a good gout food plan.  These are:

1. Minimizing the number of foods high in purines.  These include, primarily, meat, beer, and seafood.
  2. Maintaining a healthy body mass by eating a very healthy diet high in nutrients.
  3. Eating dairy products that are low in fat, to help to lower the risk of gout flare-ups.
  4. Drinking lots of water and clear liquids.  The better you hydrate your body, the more prepared it will be to flush uric acid away.
  5. Eating more complex carbohydrates and fewer refined carbohydrates.

Now that you know the main rules for planning a quality gout diet plan, you are prepared to speak to your doctor or a registered dietician about your healthy daily caloric intake and nutritional requirements, as well as the right foods to keep your diet properly balanced while still abiding by these five primary rules.

Dr. Hyon K. Choi published a study in the New England Journal of Medicine’s March 11, 2004 issue.  It discussed the importance of a low-purine, low-protein diet for decreasing the chances of crystal formation in the joints from uric acid in the body.  Dr. Choi’s study examined a group of over forty seven thousand men over a twelve year period.  These men had no prior history of gout, but by the end of the twelve years, 730 of them had been diagnosed with gout.

Through this study, it was discovered that those who eat large amounts of meat are 40 percent more likely to develop gout. Furthermore, those who eat large amounts of seafood are 50 percent more likely to develop gout.

Foods that were shown not to increase the risk of gout included:

• Beans
• Peas
• Mushrooms
• Spinach
• Cauliflower

Even though those foods are high in purines, they are low in protein.  Choi has shown that it is a high-purine, high-protein combination that may be the true contributor to gout and not just the purines alone.  It is also now suspected that gout and cardiovascular disease may also be linked, as the diets connected to gout are the same as those connected to heart and circulatory problems.

Foods high in purines and proteins and which should be avoided include:

• Herring
• Trout
• Goose
• Partridge
• Haddock
• Scallops
• pheasant

By eliminating such foods from your diet and following the five important tips listed above for creating a gout food plan, you will be helping your body to take control of your gout.

“Sign Up Below For Your Free Copy of The Cure Gout Now Newsletter & Discover...”

• The truth about what Gout actually is - this knowledge will enable you to discover the best treatment options.
  • What hyperuricemia is and how you can stop it - don't miss out on this information... it could make the difference between living with the pain of Gout and living pain free.
  • The causes of Gout - and they are not always what you think.
  • Common symptoms of Gout - which uncovers the little known signs of Gout and what to do about them.
  • How to diagnose Gout accurately - A proven method that few people know about.
  • Proven lifestyle changes that help combat Gout symptoms - this has helped many people overcome Gout symptoms for good.

Directions: It's easy. Simply type in your first name and primary email address in the spaces below, and then click "Click Here For FREE Access!" Go ahead right now...

Enter Your Email Address:

Enter Your Name:

We respect your privacy and your information
will always be kept confidential - Privacy Statement.
You may unsubscribe at any time.

10 Responses

1. May 9th, 2008 | 6:34 am

Dear Liza,

Thanks for this update, I am at present sufferring from ma gout attack, I am a kidney transplant recipient of tten years now, both my right foot and knee was svevrly swelling caused of this goutr attack which my worst in three years.. Is it safe for me to drink berry juice at this stage? I have already been in diet for quite long time now but still I could not manage to bring my uric acid level to at least 7, at present my uric level is in 10. Hope you could advice me how to achieve a good level.
    Thank you once again.

Mr. GEJoaquin

2. May 9th, 2008 | 5:05 pm

Mr. GEJoaquin

Everyone reacts to food differently, so it would be a good idea to check with you doctor that you are Ok to drink berry juice at this stage.

However, when chosing which berry juice to drink you may want to read through the following posts I’ve made.

I hope these help.

Lisa.

3. Andrea Jenkins
    May 25th, 2008 | 12:34 am

One newsletter said spaghetti sauce recipe to follow & it didn’t. Any tomato product is the one thing that pushes me over the edge. so, I’d love to get this recipe. Thanks!

4. May 30th, 2008 | 4:31 pm

Hi Andrea -

This recipe is from my Cure Gout Now Cookbook.

I hope it is the sort of thing you are looking for.

Basil Lemon Spaghetti
    ————————–
    Serves 4
    13 oz (375g) spaghetti
    3 ½ oz fresh basil chopped
    1 Tbsp lemon zest
    1 garlic clove, crushed
    1 small red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
    Cure Gout Now - Gout Diet Recipe Collection
    1 Tsp chilli oil
    5 Tbsp olive oil
    2 ½ oz parmesan cheese, finely grated
    Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Preparation
    ————–
    Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions, but leave al dente.
    Put into a large bowl two thirds of the parmesan cheese along with all the
    remaining ingredients. Stir well to mix. Add the cooked pasta to the bowl and toss through to ensure it’s well coated.
    Serve with the remaining parmesan scattered on top with a pinch of sea salt and a grinding of black pepper to taste.

5. Linda Gancy
    June 27th, 2008 | 12:09 am

since so many types of fish should be avoided is it ok to take a fish oil concentrate?

6. June 27th, 2008 | 10:45 am

Linda -

From the findings of a reasearch published in the New England Journal of Medicine, followed 47,150 men over a 12-year period…

Dr. Hyon Choi of Harvard Medical School, confirmed that although seafood was shown to cause gout problems, omega 3 fish oil is recommended for healthy joints, as a natural anti-inflamatory and pain-killer for those suffering with gout.

Basically, he concludes that taking omega 3 supplements gives you all the benefits of fish without the problem causing purines.

7. Joe
    July 24th, 2008 | 5:00 pm

Dear Lisa,

I have had gout for years, and I must tell you that one two of the food listed in your list:
    Foods that were shown not to increase the risk of gout included:

• Beans
    • Peas
    • Mushrooms
    • Spinach
    • Cauliflower

Mushrooms for me is instant gout attack - i as much as have to touch a mushroom and it’s instant attack, similar but not as bad for Spinach.

However as for remedies I agree, I find Cherries are the greatest.

I am on your mailing list and enjoy getting the emails. I have been keeping the gout in check but get flare-ups now and then.
    Thanks for a great website.

8. helen
    August 11th, 2008 | 9:32 pm

Dear Lisa, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the emails you untiringly sending me. They serve as my guideline and I follow them strictly as my URIC ACID is extremely high. My bad cholesterol is also very high and the good one is LOW. Have you heard about NUTRACID? (this is in tablet form to eliminate uric acid??? ) and CHOLESTO-RITE(lowers the bad cholesterol and raises the good cholesterol??? Please advise.
    I am a bit better now after strictly following the GOUT DIET and I am always keen for other natural supplements that will help me combat these 2 illnesses thats giving me so much miseries. Thank you again for all your help -your great website! HelenHarris

9. ronald
    October 4th, 2008 | 3:36 pm

hello: i’ve tried this green drink from phion and it has lowered my acid and havent had a gout spell for some time it is suppose to help with cholesteral as well..just type phion in your search bar should take you to the site..i dont eat veggies so this was the best i could do for myself.very fast sevice too . got my stuff in 3 days i give it 5 stars..

10. margaret freeman
    October 21st, 2008 | 1:31 am

Hello,
    Is there a relationship to gastro-parisis (doctor told me my stomach was notdigesting veggies). Then went to bladder doc (no bacteria,irrated ) had a food allergy. Meantime was aching in joints (ankle,knee).General doc check for Gout,Yes I had it,(Why, because of change of diet.) Can a girl ever win. What diet do I follow? Margaret carol